as per request by le Marquis.
1) Mosquitos love me.
2) Since my mother is from Kansas I pronounce it “muskeetahs”… which sometimes makes my friends laugh.
3) My second to last toe on each foot is double jointed. They twist like twizzlers.
4) My first french kiss was with a girl.
5) I am allergic to grape leaves. That is all.
6) I think I am turning into The Crazy Halloween Lady ™, and I kinda like it.
7) I don’t go out much anymore. And kind of resent it when I do.
8) I wouldn’t mind nesting forever.
9) I lived in New Orleans for two years and it changed my life utterly.
10) I miss it. I hope to retire there someday.
11) Self confidence is hard for me, but getting easier as I grow more and more wizened.
12) I am a food snob, but relish eating crap on occasions as long as it is reminiscent or kitschy or both.
13) I want a li’l Chinook camper.
14) Literature is like a soothing balm. I love 18th & 19th century authors.
15) Literary Criticism is like crack. I get all jittery and exited reading titles such as “The Female Thermometer: Eighteenth-Century Culture and the Invention of the Uncanny” & “The Whore’s Story: Women, Pornography, and the British Novel, 1684-1830.”
16) I am absolutely petrified of flying. And going to Europe is on my list of “better do before you die or you’ll be sorry” list.
17) I only learned how to drive 2.5 years ago. I grew up in Berkeley and SF, who needed a car!?!?
18) Seafood made me hurl most of my life. But I’m getting over it and am actually learning to enjoy feasting on our friend’s from the sea!
19) I hate, HATE, the sound of people eating crunchy food.
20) A guy who had a crush on me stuck a pen up my nose. I think it was because he was nervous talking to me.
21) The last guy to ask me out was retarded.
22) I met my husband on the internet. Woo.
23) I told my husband before we met that he wasn’t allowed to pee on me in the shower. In his defense he as mortified that I felt I had to bring it up.
24) I’ve been thanked in the notes of several books for putting up a website when I was drunk and underemployed in New Orleans.
25) I don’t actually drink absinthe anymore. Well, not much anyways.
26) The freckles on my husband’s eyelids make me happy.
27) I was hit by a car when I was two.
28) I didn’t learn to read til I was seven. Blame the damn hippy schools.
29) I was in a Rocky Horror cast from age 13 to 15. Prancing about in your skivvies seemed very natural to me at the time. I marvel.
30) I used to dye my hair pink.
31) I dress too young for my age. They didn’t have cool or even descent clothes for pudgy girls when I was growing up, so my wardrobe was always very limited. So now I find myself shopping very young. And I love it. Weeee!
32) I did too much speed in the mid 90’s.
33) But I was a teetotaler from the age of 17 to 25. Go figure.
34) I’m 36 and happy for the first time ever.
35) I have two incurable diseases.
36) I gush too much early on in a relationship. It scares away the squeamish which is perhaps a good thing.
37) I’m not good at being a slut.
38) A trollop maybe, but that is a more image and attitude than putting out.
39) I can’t believe marriage is so perfect for me. I used to be so cynical.
40) I’m a very heavy sleeper and talk in my sleep. Things like “Cat! Cat!” and “*giggle* I’m going to KILL YOU! *giggle*”
as per request by le Marquis.